XPONENTIAL 2017 DJI DRONE DRAWINGS
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASES WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: The XPONENTIAL 2017 DJI DRONE DRAWINGS (“DJI DRONE DRAWINGS”) is governed by the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS Official Rules and Regulations as stated herein (“Official Rules”). All individuals participating in the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS will be bound by and must abide by these Official Rules.
3. SPONSOR: The DJI DRONE DRAWINGS is sponsored by the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (the “Sponsor”), with offices at 2700 S. Quincy Street, Suite 400, Arlington, VA 22206.
4. DJI DRONE DRAWING AND PRIZE DETAILS
There will be three separate DJI DRONE DRAWINGS and three separate prizes will be awarded. The three DJI DRONE DRAWINGS and PRIZES are:
DJI DRONE DRAWING AND PRIZE:
Each Eligible Participant (defined below) that attends, and have their badge scanned, at one or more of the following sessions will automatically be entered in the DJI DRONE DRAWING and have a chance to win one (1) of three (3) DJI Phantom 3 Standard drones ($499.00 Suggested Retail Value before taxes, S&H).
- Policy Implications for Automated Vehicles | Monday, May 8, 3:30 - 5:00 PM, Room: C141/143/149
- XPONENTIAL Interactive Discussions | Tuesday, May 9, 12:15 – 1:15 PM, Room: C141/143/149
- The Challenges of Artificial Intelligence | Tuesday, May 9, 1:30 - 3:00 PM, Room: C147/148/154
- AUVSI’s VIP Customer Insights Panel: The Future of BVLOS Operations | Wednesday, May 10, 12:15 - 1:15 PM, Room: C141/143/149
- Remote Pilots Council (RPC) Summit | Wednesday, May 10, 3:15 - 4:30 PM, Room: D163/165
- Software Developments Driving Next Gen Drone and Robot Technology | Thursday, May 11, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM, Room: C147/148/154
- Solutions Theater sessions | check the app for complete line-up*
- Starting Point Theater sessions | check the app for complete line-up*
* If a Participant attends multiple sessions (i.e. all five sessions and/or all the sessions at the Solutions Theater or the Starting Point Theater), the Participant, upon having their badge scanned, will be entered in the DJI DRONE DRAWING each time, however, the Participant is limited to one (1) Prize per DJI DRONE DRAWING, no exceptions.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: Many will enter but few will win. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize(s) cannot be assigned, transferred, or substituted except by Sponsor who may, at its sole discretion, substitute any prize with one of comparable value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the Official Rules stated herein, to be eligible to participate in the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS you (i) must be a registered participant of XPONENTIAL 2017 in Dallas, Texas (hereinafter “Participant”); and (ii) must attend, and have their badge scanned, at one or more of the sessions listed in section 4.
Additionally, all Participants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements of any Participant at any time, in such manner it deems appropriate. Except for the individuals who qualify to be a Participant in the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS as stated above, all others including but not limited to exhibitors, guests, employees, and directors of Sponsor(s), its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, licensees, advertising, promotion or production agencies, and all of their immediate family members and individuals residing in their same household are not eligible. All DJI DRONE DRAWINGS entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
7. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, stolen, or misdirected hotel reservations. No other forms of entry are valid. Limit of one (1) Prize per Participant per DJI DRONE DRAWING PRIZE PACKAGE, no exceptions. If a Participant wins a second prize in the same DJI DRONE DRAWING PRIZE PACKAGE, then such Participant rights and interest in such second prize will be forfeited, and the second prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected at random from the remaining eligible Participants in the same DJI DRONE DRAWING PRIZE PACKAGE, in a manner to be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
8. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Prize winners ("Winners") will be selected from eligible participants at random at 3:00 PM (Central Time) on Thursday, May 11, 2017. Winners do not have to be present to win or claim their prize. Winners will be notified through the contact information they provided in their completed XPONENTIAL 2017 registration form. Award of the prize is subject to Winner’s proof of eligibility. Except where prohibited by law, if a Winner cannot or will not accept the prize, then all rights and interest in such prize will be forfeited, and the prize awarded to an alternate winner selected at random from the remaining eligible Participants in a manner to be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering in the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS, each Participant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules (including, without limitation, all documentation and all applicable laws; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) waive all of the Participant’s rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against Sponsor; and (iv) that Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, event sponsors and/or other authorized designees and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, are released and shall be indemnified and held harmless by Participants against any liability, including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury, bodily injury, death, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may arise, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with or related to Participant’s participation or inability to participate in the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS and/or any parts thereof.
10. GRANTING OF RIGHTS: Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize by the Winner constitutes the granting by the Winner to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority a perpetual non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license permitting Sponsor to use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, image and biographical information and statements for marketing, advertising, promotional, trade and any other lawful purposes without additional compensation or obligations to the Winner, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, on the Internet or World Wide Web, or in any other medium without further notice, review or approval by winner.
11. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: All Winners will be required to complete, sign, and return a Proof of XPONENTIAL 2017 Registration and Hotel Reservation Form, a Liability Release, a completed W-9 form (or foreign equivalent form for non-US residents Participants if required) and, where lawful, Publicity Release before being able to claim their prize. If a Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. The cash value of the prize awarded will be reported by Sponsor to the IRS and any other taxing authorities, as required under the applicable laws of the United States. Payments of any applicable taxes, whether foreign or domestic are the sole obligation and responsibility of the Winner. WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT SPONSOR HAS NEITHER MADE NOR IS IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO ANY PRIZE OR COMPONENT THEREOF. WINNER SHALL RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AFFILIATES, EVENT SPONSORS AND/OR OTHER AUTHORIZED DESIGNEES, FROM ANY INJURIES, LOSS, DAMAGE, OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM THE DJI DRONE DRAWINGS OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THEIR PRIZE.
12. INTERPRETATION OF OFFICIAL RULES: All Participants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor will have full power in any matter of interpretation and enforcement related to or arising from the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS. Any eligibility, compliance issues or disputes related to or arising from the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS will be subject to the decision and determination by Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion. In all instances Sponsor’s rulings will be final, binding and without further recourse. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision, and the Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
13. GOVERNING LAW: The DJI DRONE DRAWINGS is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Any controversy claimed or dispute arising out of or relating to the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS must be brought in Arlington, VA, to the exclusion of all others. The DJI DRONE DRAWINGS will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without application of any conflicts of law rules or choice of law provisions.
14. ARBITRATION: DISPUTES BETWEEN THE PARTIES OR THEIR AFFILIATES RELATED TO THIS DJI DRONE DRAWINGS PROMOTION SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO FINAL, BINDING ARBITRATION HEARD BY A SINGLE ARBITRATOR IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE THEN-CURRENT COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (EXCEPT AS MODIFIED HEREIN). ANY COUNTERCLAIM NOT BROUGHT WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER RECEIPT OF THE ARBITRATION NOTICE SHALL BE BARRED. THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE CONDUCTED IN ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA. Unless otherwise specified herein, the arbitrator may award any relief that he deems proper, including but not limited to equitable relief. The award shall be final and binding and enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary and except as prohibited by applicable law, Sponsor’s maximum liability, for any reason whatsoever, in connection with, related to or arising from the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS in solely limited to the monetary value of the Winner's prize as stated in these Official Rules.
15. SPONSOR RIGHT TO TERMINATE THE DJI DRONE DRAWINGS: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend or modify the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS if Sponsor determines that fraud, technical failures, or other acts or events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor has compromised the fairness or integrity of the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS. Sponsor will not be liable to any Participant for any special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages arising from the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS, even if Sponsor has advised the other party of such damages. Termination or expiration of the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS will not affect or modify those obligations of the Participants that by their terms are to survive the termination or expiration thereof.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: These Official Rules sets forth the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all previous discussions, understandings and negotiations, whether oral or written. The headings to the various sections of this Official Rules are inserted only for convenience of reference and are not intended nor will they be construed to modify, define, limit or expand the intent of the Parties as expressed herein.
DISCLAIMER: The Phantom 3 Standard are registered trademarks of Dà-Jiāng Innovations Science and Technology Co., Ltd (DJI). Use of the aforementioned trademarks in these Official Rules is not a sponsorship, affiliation, endorsement or otherwise by DJI of the DJI DRONE DRAWINGS or XPONENTIAL 2017 in anyway whatsoever. The DJI DRONE DRAWINGS is an independent event by the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by DJI.
©2017 Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International. All Rights Reserved.