Are you traveling to XPONENTIAL from outside of the United States? Any citizen of a foreign country who is travelling to the United States generally must obtain a U.S. visa. XPONENTIAL’s International Support Team offers a step-by-step guide below to make applying for your visa as easy as possible.
OBTAINING YOUR U.S. VISA TO ATTEND XPONENTIAL 2020
Find out the estimated wait time for US visa appointments in your country. The wait time for a visa appointment can be long in some countries and processing your application can also take time. It is recommended that you apply for your visa at least three months in advance of your travel date.
Register for XPONENTIAL 2020. When you complete your registration for XPONENTIAL, you will have the option to request a Letter of Invitation from the show organizers. The Letter of Invitation from XPONENTIAL may be required to support your U.S. visa application.
Determine which type of visa you need. Whether you are traveling just for business or you plan to add personal travel or tourism to your XPONENTIAL trip, you can use this online tool from the U.S. Department of State to know which visa category (B1 or B1/B2) is most appropriate.
Complete the U.S. Visa Application form. See the U.S. Department of State’s website for the complete list of documents you may need for your application.
Schedule your visa appointment.
- Select your country of origin
- Create an online user account
- Enter the confirmation number from your visa application (DS-160)
- Follow the instructions for application submission and required fees to schedule your interview
Prepare for your interview.
- Demonstrate strong ties to your country. Consular officers review your application and consider proof of business ownership or employment, social and family relationships and other evidence as proof that you will return to your country.
- Document previous travel abroad. If you have traveled to the US or other foreign countries, show proof of travel and documentation showing you returned your country on time.
- Bring all XPONENTIAL-related materials. Bring your XPONENTIAL Letter of Invitation; hotel reservations; plane reservation; your confirmed meeting schedule, your CV or any other documentation supporting your legitimate participation in the XPONENTIAL show.
Visa processing may require long lead times. Please plan accordingly! We highly recommend that you apply for the U.S. Visa three to four months in advance. If your visa has been denied and you would like to be considered for a registration refund, please make sure that you have either an official denial document from the U.S. Consulate or a stamped copy of your application form, showing the date when you applied and the date your visa application has been denied.
Should you have additional questions or need more information, please contact Federico Bianco at email@example.com.