AUVSI XPONENTIAL, Fischer Connectors’ Virtual Booth, October 5-8, 2020
New versatile connectivity solutions optimize SWaP, data transmission, and cable & power management for rugged unmanned systems
Fischer Connectors shows at 2020 AUVSI Xponential how its latest connectivity solutions drive innovations in SWaP (Size, Weight & Power), sealing and ruggedness, cable and power management, as well as high-speed data transmission.
The unmanned and autonomous systems using Fischer Connectors are UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles), UUVs (Unmanned Underwater Vehicles), and remotely operated ground vehicles and robots requiring reliable and high-performance connectivity solutions which are not only small and lightweight, but also guarantee high power supply and transfer massive data in harsh environments.
Fischer Connectors’ latest versatile connectivity solutions in its electrical and optical product lines allow design engineers to shrink down their devices while adding functionality and increasing usability, reliability, and data transmission rate.
- High-speed AWG24 Ethernet data transfer, enhanced IP68 sealing down to 20m/24h, hexagonal body style, anthracite coating with <5mΩ panel grounding.
- MiniMax 06, one of the smallest high-density connectors in the world, with up to 12 power and signal contacts in a footprint of only 10 mm (density factor = 0.83); configuration of 2 signal and 2 high-power 1.3 mm contacts; ideal for UAVs and remotely operated vehicles needing 10 Amps or more power.
- Application example: HEXADRONE’s modular and multi-purpose UAV Tundra uses MiniMax connectors for HDMI, USB / CAN and security key.
- IP68-sealed single-fiber optic connector FO1 performing under water down to 1,000 feet (300+ meters) – much deeper than the product line’s 2m/24h standard – with Fusion, the compact and ultra-rugged UUV of Strategic Robotic Systems (SRS) sending sonar and sensor data, and HD video back to the surface during military, search & recovery, and scientific missions.
- Two power configurations of 2x contacts of 26 Amps each or 3x contacts of 16 Amps each, both combined with 3x signal contacts, offering more flexibility, improving the power supply alongside signals and enabling the full integration of UltiMate connectors into all applications.
- Application example: Rapid Composites uses UltiMate connectors in its award-winning amphibious Bullray Tricopter, Quadcopter and Pentacopter drone for law enforcement, military and commercial applications.
- Product line extensions with new connector sizes, materials and active devices (LED, USB 2.0 adapter, Rugged Flash Drive) enabling network integration and optimizing cable & power management.
- Defense & security, medical as well as industrial EOMs use Fischer Freedom™ / Fischer LP360™ connectivity solutions in various robotic, smart clothing and IoT devices and ecosystems.
About Fischer Connectors
For more than 60 years, the people of Fischer Connectors have been reimagining connectivity, turning customers’ challenges into success stories with innovative technologies, quality products and collaborative customer support.
Since 1954, Fischer Connectors has designed, manufactured and distributed rugged connectors and cable assemblies that help customers around the world produce reliable, high-performance electronic devices. The connectivity solutions are especially suitable for applications requiring faultless precision, durability and resistance to extreme conditions, including defense and security, medical, industrial, instrumentation, audio-visual, transportation, and energy.
Headquartered in Saint-Prex, Switzerland (Canton of Vaud), where its R&D Center and manufacturing facilities are also located, the Fischer Connectors Group has cable assembly sites in EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pacific. The Group also includes local subsidiaries and a wide network of distributors and agents all over the world. Its US subsidiary is based just north of Atlanta, GA, in its ISO Certified, ITAR registered engineering and manufacturing center.
Fischer Connectors Inc. Media contact (USA):
1735 Founders Parkway, Suite 100 / Alpharetta, GA 30009 Maria Carter – Digital Marketing
T: +1 678 393 5435 firstname.lastname@example.org