AUVSI’s State Policy Roundtable
Monday, October 05, 2020: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
AUVSI’s state policy roundtables will bring together state legislators from around the US to discuss legislation and policy initiatives in their respective states supporting the growth and accelerated adoption of automated vehicles (AV). Representatives from state departments of transportation and economic development councils will also participate in the discussion. These sessions will provide state government leaders a forum to discuss, share and collaborate on important AV issues and initiatives.
Goal: Accelerate the safe adoption and market expansion of AVs with a forum on state policy initiatives and enacted legislation.
1. Enable participants to learn how state government leaders have enacted legislation and policy supporting AV growth.
2. Facilitate a discussion among state leaders to better define the political and market dynamics that accelerate or could prevent the adoption of AVs.
3. Exchange examples of legislation and policy from one state for potential use in another.
4. Provide economic development agency, business and industry attendees the opportunity for separate virtual meetings and discussions during Xponential.
5. Discuss a potential framework for uniform interstate AV policy.
C-Level Executive,Government/Policy/Regulatory,Journalist,Legal,Research & Development