ATLIS Cargo UAV
500 pounds payload
300+ mile range
Aergility's ATLIS aircraft has the simplicity of a multicopter with the performance of a fixed wing aircraft, yielding incredible range and payload capabilities thanks to the benefits of our Managed Autorotation Technology.
Managed Autorotation Technology (MAT)
MAT enables our hybrid gyrodyne architecture to achieve transitionless flight from multi-rotor takeoff and landing to autogyro-like forward flight.
- Immediate Turnaround - Batteries are recharged in flight via small onboard engine generator or regenerative braking on protors.
- Higher Reliability and Less Maintenance - Long TBO thanks to few control surfaces and the long lives of ATLIS' very few moving parts.
- High Survivability - ATLIS can handle many adverse scenarios, including:
- Loss of protor or loss of 1 battery pack - ATLIS can fly with 4 active protors
- Loss of all 3-way redundant batteries - Aircraft can fly in autorotation
- Loss of engine power - Fly like multicopter with only protors
- Longer Range - Not dependent on batteries for range, and payload can be reduced or increased to trade-off with fuel.
- Better Payload Carry Efficiency - Fewer parts reduce aircraft's overall weight, very little weight devoted to batteries, and an excellent payload to GTOW ratio.
- Excellent Cruise Flight Efficiency - Load is split between wings and protors in order to reduce pitch angle and have a more efficient RPM. Protors perform flight control.
- No Infrastructure Required - Land and takeoff anywhere, and no ground charging stations needed, only access to fuel.
In ATLIS current design, the tail can lift to make cargo loading easy. Cargo can be managed with various strategies depending on the scenario.
- Field Mode – Load cargo by hand, manually adjust and tie down.
- Depot Mode - Full-size load-and-lock-compatible depot containers, pre-loaded and CG-balanced.
- Standardized Containers - Standardized EUR containers can be accommodated for efficient loading.
Sensors and Navigation
ATLIS will have configuration options to accommodate client requirements.
|Aircraft Type ||Cargo UAV |
|Flight Mode ||Vertical Take-Off and Landing |
|Empty Weight ||900 lbs |
|Max Gross Weight ||1500 lbs (standard) |
1320 lbs (optional)
|Useful Load |
Fuel and Payload
|Up to 600 lbs |
|Cargo Bay Area ||26 in x 26 in x 92 in |
|Cargo Volume ||36 cu. ft |
|Cargo Haulage* ||101 ton-miles per flight |
|Cruise Speed ||100 mph |
|Flight Duration |
Full tank, ½ hr reserve
|4.5 hrs at full GW |
|Power Plant ||Turboprop 90 kW |
|Propeller ||66-in 3-blade |
|# of Fixed-Pitch Protors ||6 |
|Protor Diameter ||9 ft |
|24.3 ft |
|Fuselage Length ||15.3 ft |
|Clearance Height ||7.1 ft |
|Construction ||Primarily carbon fiber composite |
|Fuel Tank |
|25 gal |
|Auxillary Tank |
|8 gal |
*Calculated using standard tank with reserve while carrying payload of 450 lbs.